This morning my ex-husband called. Now, I'm civil to the guy, but holy heck what a waste of a few cubic feet. Anyway, he claims to have forgotten the dates that his daughter (my oldest) is available to visit over the summer. She usually visits him for 6 weeks, which is ABOUT half the summer vacation. His "forgetfulness" is actually just a ruse to get me to do the work of booking the airline tickets for her. I explained that we had informed his wife only a couple of weeks ago as to the dates, so then he went into how he has been sick for the last few weeks. As if I give a flying rat's ass. While he didn't do it this time, he often also whines about his financial situation when he calls. Business hasn't been good, wah, wah, wah. Cry me a river, buddy. He's got a corvette in his garage that he never drives, just because he had always wanted one, he lives in a nice neighborhood with a perfectly landscaped yard and an in-ground swimming pool and he pays a pittance for child support because I just wanted out so badly that I didn't push for much. I'm really digressing here. Back to the airline ticket booking thing...
So, the last time he wanted tickets booked, I refused to do it because the prior TWO times (I'm an idiot) he promised to send me a check to pay me back, I booked them for him on my credit card and, can we guess what happened? *ding, ding, ding* You got it in one! I never saw hide nor hair of a payback. When he called this morning, he asked if he gave me his credit card info, would I book the tickets. You know, like I have nothing else to do. But being such a fucking pushover, I said okay.
So now I have his credit card info!!! And I am SO SO hampered by my inherent honesty and basic good morality to do anything with it. Which SUCKS! I could just buy shit. Maybe for the value of the tickets that he never paid me for? PLUS INTEREST! Or I could at the very least book her tickets with a much shortened visit time. Two weeks seems more than enough for her to be exposed to such a jackass.
If only I was equal in assholiness to him, oh the things I could do. But alas, I cannot. For I am basically a good and decent person with an overactive conscience. Sometimes it sucks to be nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
perhaps, if you wanted, some of us could do that shopping for you ;)
just kidding - but what a pain in the butt! it would certainly be tempting
ah, morals. they suck sometimes, don't they! you did the right thing.
LOL! I know how you feel. I have had boss's credit card info before and been *SO TEMPTED*, but haven't ever done anything.
Post a Comment